City: Los Angeles
Company: CLD PR
Job Title: Fashion Publicists / Account Managers
Job Type: Full-time
CLD PR, a top-tier full-service public relations agency, is seeking 2 Fashion Publicists / Account Managers! Experience in Bridal / Eveningwear and Events both helpful! CLD PR is focusing most heavily on celebrity & media placement, digital influencers, brand development, events and social media. Our clients are currently fashion brands (some known around the world) and lifestyle brands. We're open to Account Managerial status, Senior Account Manager, Account Exec etc, all based on applicable experience. We’re looking for a superstar who thrives in a fast-based environment and adapts quickly and fearlessly to changing needs. There is immense growth potential in this job, and we have a vested interest in making this hiring decision very long-term. Overall, we are on a non-stop, ambitious and strategically-paced quest to continue growing this company into even more of a force.
- Planning and executing publicity campaigns for our high-end designers (including leading client meetings to outline the short and long-term publicity plan).
- Leading the implementation of the overall press plans and media strategy for different brands, including developing story pitches and strategically positioning the brands in the media through effective messaging. Traditional media and social media included.
- Pitching and securing top celebrity placements and national & local media placements.
- Identifying and creating proactive media opportunities (always with timing and strategy at the forefront of your mind, as opposed to just random pitches).
- Cultivating and nurturing media, digital influencer, stylist and celebrity relationships, as well enhancing our existing relationships.
- PR Calendar: Maintaining accurate records of all upcoming editorial calendars, industry events, etc that will lead to potential opportunities for our clients to be placed (with intern assistance for research).
- Garner new media for all new collections and keep abreast of what's new and hot.
- Producing and maintaining contact lists: Managing interns who will research media, editor, stylist, publicists etc contact lists. Updating contact lists routinely for maximum effectiveness.
- Writing and drafting press releases, media alerts and other press materials and managing the distribution of news through all outlets.
- Always promoting our clients’ celebrity placements, success and story; and effectively increasing sales reach and brand awareness for our brands.
- Drafting and editing collateral material and presentations that will support CLD execs and clients.
- Assembling all logistics of events and projects which include coordinating and securing media and arranging travel and itineraries.
- Manage pre and post event media when we produce and publicize events.
- Social Media: This varies from client to client. Some have us do full-service hands-on management, some we just do a little bit, some none at all.
- 4-year (preferably) degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or marketing (flexible on focus).
- 2-10+ years experience, including PR agency experience.
- Extensive media contacts and personal relationships with top-tier editors.
- Critical and strategic thinker in collaborative environments, with the ability to creatively drum up big-impact/low-budget PR campaigns.
- Knowledgable about how to build lasting relationships with clients.
- Able to set deadlines and benchmarks for yourself. You know how to prioritize tasks, and you know which tasks are ok to pass off to assistants or interns and which should always stay within your capable control.
- Proven ability to act quickly and efficiently manage teams of interns as well as multiple projects at one time.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills including: excellent writing skills, speaking, telephone and public relations.
- Experience and knowledge with all of the fashion industry’s major events, styles, trends, and major players.
- Can write both critically (press releases and media alerts) and editorially (social media, pitches etc).
- Amazing sales tactics in which you strive to receive a positive end result.
- Fail-proof follow-up skills.
- Online media/ Web 2.0 background a must.
- Cision, Vocus and other major distribution applications a plus.
- Proficiency on computers and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Entourage, PowerPoint etc).
- Knowledge of PR clipping tracking programs (FashionGPS, Google Alerts, VMS, Burrelles Luce, Vocus, etc).
- Positive, can-do attitude. Ambitious, yet down-to-earth, and resourceful.
- Smart, fearless, energetic, strong work ethic, and a leader.
City: Los Angeles
Job Title: Part time Manager
Job Type: Part-time
Popular Manhattan nail salon and nail care brand has moved to Culver City and is seeking a part time manager! Wanted: a charming, stylish, intelligent, patient and professional individual with an upbeat attitude who is capable of grace under fire. This position requires a master multi-tasker. At any moment, you could be handling two phone calls, a client checking in and a client asking for polish color advice while a vendor is waiting around for your signature to hand off a supply delivery. The position requires you to have a sense of humor, charm, a friendly demeanor, and a strong work ethic. We have cultivated a zen like and positive environment and seek individuals of a like mind and personality.
- Handing out the technicians' schedules and modifying them throughout the day as appointments are booked
- Managing up to 14 employees at any one time on the floor
- Greeting clients as they arrive helping them with their coats, polish selections, getting them settled
- Booking new appointments over the phone and accepting walk-in appointments
- Providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Ensuring that each customer has a wonderful salon experience
- Helping the owners with special projects: inventory, ordering, developing new services, etc.
Contact: Adair Ilyinsky — email@example.com
City: Burbank / Los Angeles
Company: Kizmit, Inc
Job Title: Pattern Maker/Seamstress for a celebrity stylist
Job Type: Part-time
I need someone who can make patterns from looking at my designs. Pattern-making for dresses, separates, outerwear men’s and women’s.
- Someone who can communicate their patterns to me and the seamstresses.
- Experience in pattern-making
Contact: Soyon An — firstname.lastname@example.org
City: Santa Monica / Los Angeles
Job Title: Senior Designer
Job Type: Full-time
You combine premium knit experience, with creativity, technical skills, and a collaborative attitude. You work well with Merchandising and Production to create functional, innovative, quality designs – oh, and experience with active wear and/or functional fabrics is a plus. You are not only comfortable with, but happy to wear multiple hats when needed – and we bet you look good in hats, so why not? You are also hard-working, driven, entrepreneurial, and fun to hang out with.
- Design collection
- Source fabrics and trims
- Tech packs
- Pre Production Management
- Degree in fashion design
- Minimum 7-10 years of design experience
- An expert in cut & sew premium knits, and comfortable with sweater design
- Activewear design and/or technical fabric experience a plus
- Lead all fittings from proto to production
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Appreciative of slow-fashion, approach every piece with purpose and passion
- There’s more but just apply, come in, and let’s chat about it
Contact: Alisha Lipman — email@example.com
Please send resume, cover letter and responses to the below questions.
- My favorite design job to date was ______ because_____?
- Two to three brands I love the aesthetic of are ______ because_____
- I stay inspired and innovative by_____
- Do you have any links to your work or files you can send digitally? If so please feel free to attach or send a link and you are welcome in to include a description if relevant.
City: San Francisco
Company: Ajna Living
Job Title: Sales Consultant
Job Type: Part-time
Ajna Living, a leader in the outdoor furniture and design industries, is looking for a sharp, high-energy in-store Design Consultant to join our Tiburon team! Candidates for the position should be well versed in the furniture and design industries, with some knowledge of outdoor furniture and landscape design. Additionally, candidates should have 2+ years experience in sales - or be a natural closer. As the primary customer facing employee, qualified candidates should be well versed in customer service strategies and be capable of multi-tasking.
- Ability to generate regular sales of high-end products from in-store walk ins and appointments.
- Perform standard customer service - from beginning to end of customer experience.
- Develop and nurture leads and contacts in local design and related trade industries.
- Maintain an organized and tidy store in accordance with company policies.
- Promote energetic, team-oriented work environment amongst peers and upper management.
- Expertise, or a developed interest, in design & furniture.
- Willingness and ability to make sales.
- Experience with basic POS software and standard computer applications.
- Positive energy and mindset from the start of the day through the end.
- Patience and a willingness to learn, both from other employees, management and customers.
- Able to work well individually or collaborate with others.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Contact: Kristin: firstname.lastname@example.org
City: Remote + Long Beach, CA
Company: curated agency
Job Title: Account Director/Director of Operations
Job Type: Full-time
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients grow and showcase their business as if it were their own. Our standard is consistent, beautiful, well-executed work. The field is fast-paced and ever-changing so we're looking for someone who is always on their A game to help us strategize for our clients to stay ahead of the curve. The beauty of working for a small company is that we’re nimble and we can adapt quickly.
We ask that you have a grasp of the social media + food/fashion landscape and want to be a part of it. Bonus if you love dining out on a regular basis.
- Social Media
- Manage editorial calendar.
- Collect & schedule content.
- Daily platform management- respond to comments, check DMs, etc.
- Creative brainstorming for client initiatives.
- Coordinate influencer marketing for clients.
- Assist Founder with various tasks.
- Track client analytics & reporting.
- Attend client meetings & photo shoots.
- Basic graphic design.
- Client email marketing.
- Being prompt, a self-starter, and .
- Able to work with clients, manage several projects at once, and like writing captions.
- Capable of staying on top of digital marketing trends, knowing what works and what doesn’t on social media, and having a great eye for design and photography.
You want to grow with a small company
- An ideal candidate will have some experience with social media marketing but is willing to train if the right fit.
- Salary + benefits + partial cell phone compensation
Contact: Send resumes + cover letter + social media samples to
Liana Cabrera: email@example.com